You can never argue that decorative concrete is a fantastic material in the construction industry. It is only getting better! This floor coating approach turns your ordinary surfaces and structures into unique, functioning, and charming works of art. Today’s piece will highlight facts and all you need to know about decorative concrete.
What Is Decorative Concrete?
Decorative concrete is a flooring system ideal for driveways, patios, pool decks, countertops, garages, and other surfaces. It improves the structural durability of existing concrete while showcasing beautiful patterns and designs.
Know the many types of decorative concrete overlays.
- Concrete stains
These stains are water-based and acid-based solutions workers apply over concrete. The stains are eco-friendly and do not cost a lot to install.
- Stamped Concrete
Stamped concrete is another budget-wise alternative when it comes to unparalleled decorative concrete resurfacing. Stamps are popular because they mimic natural things, such as stone, wood, tiles, flagstone, and brick.
- Polished concrete
Do you want to find the next, best non-wax flooring method? Polished concrete is your bet! Polished concrete leaves your surfaces a shiny, high-gloss appearance that does not fade or wear down in a long time.
- Decorative Concrete
This method uses decorative concrete blocks that permanently will get rid of surface damage and imperfections.
Facts About Decorative Concrete
You can sum up everything about decorative concrete in less than five sentences. But you might not know all there is to it. So, here are ten facts about decorative concrete coatings that will expand your knowledge about them.
1. Decorative concrete is environmentally-friendly, unlike other flooring systems, products, and materials.
2. You can manipulate decorative concrete designs, giving you almost infinite possibilities.
3. Expert artisans and craftsmen take tremendous time working on stamps.
4. Concrete is not permanent, so you have the option to replace your decorative surfaces if you wish.
5. You can repair and maintain the structures and surfaces while using ordinary brooms, mops, and hoses. There’s no need for heavy equipment to do so!
6. Applying decorative concrete for your business and commercial will improve profiting aspects.
7. You may also have concrete overlays at home, giving it a spike in terms of value and appeal.
8. Decorative concrete saves your surfaces from damage, weathering, and heavy foot traffic.
9. You don’t need to worry about replacing your pre-existing concrete once you install decorative overlays on top of it.
10. Decorative concrete makes your surfaces safe for patrons and visitors alike.
Patterns: How Many Do I Have To Choose From?
The sky is the limit when it comes to patterns and designs you can choose. Each decorative concrete technique highlights a set of themes, patterns, and designs. You might have quite a time finding which one suits your needs! And if that is the case, opt for a custom one. No one’s going to stop you at all.
Custom Hand-Cut Patterns Versus Decorative Patterns
Custom hand-cut patterns take some time to finish, thanks to the intricate and complicated designs clients request overall. Preset decorative patterns have an established design set that they follow, leaving no space for creative freedom and unique patterns. The verdict is that both ways leave a beautiful impact on your floors. And that none of them supersede the other.
To Conclude Things
Decorative concrete is an investment you can take advantage of when the time comes. Installing it with the help of a professional worker leaves no risk for errors. And doing so results in better quality. If hiring a company is not to your liking, there is always the DIY approach. With this, you control everything and anything that goes as the project progresses. You can do what you want, and no one can tell you otherwise.