Decorative Concrete Resurfacing in Houston Texas is an A+ BBB rated company that specializes in a wide range of concrete options. With 30 years of experience in this industry, we are confident that we could maintain our rating, making sure to give consistent outstanding results every time. If you need a resurfacing or repair service to acquire a gorgeous stamped concrete patio, pool deck, or driveway using overlays, we are the company you should trust. We’ll make sure that we will work on the project right the first time.
Concrete Stamping & Stamped Overlay: What’s the Difference?
Stamped overlays and stamped concrete are two different applications although they provide similar results. For those new to the different stamped concrete applications, it’s hard to tell which one you actually want for your concrete space. It can be confusing when you mistake one for the other. Here’s how to tell the two applications apart:
- Also known as patterned, textured, or imprinted overlays. This is installed on existing concrete pool decks or other concrete surfaces. In the installation process, the existing concrete becomes the substrate with which, the overlay adheres to. The overlay is then stamped with a patterned mat and color is applied.
- The process of concrete stamping is done to a newly poured concrete mix. In this case, there is no need for a substrate or an overlay. This is because the fresh cement mix itself is stamped to add pattern and texture.
Why Choose Stamped Overlays?
Residential and commercial property owners nowadays are opting for the innovation brought about by overlays in order to upgrade the look of their cement surfaces at a more economical cost. As a local decorative concrete resurfacing company in Houston, TX, we believe that there are more benefits in overlays Vs concrete pavers, natural stone, and other more expensive flooring treatments.
- We have a wide range of designs for you to choose from. We use this type of application to create unique looks on pool decks, driveways, patios, and other outdoor surfaces. We can also apply it on indoor floors for the basement, kitchen, or the entryway. It can be made to look like natural stone, brick or pavers, and more. Such patterns add great dimension and interesting features.
- The stamped concrete overlay Houston patterns provide the surface with enough texture to make it slip-resistant. It has been pressed down enough to give it great traction but not too deep for people to trip over or for water to accumulate.
- Once dry, it provides enough durability to strengthen the existing slab. It can endure the harsh elements of the outdoors, thus making regular repairs unnecessary. Also, it does not demand deep cleaning, weeding, mold removal, or any other maintenance processes that most expensive floors require.
- Have you always wanted a flagstone patio but can’t simply afford it? Then this product is the right option for you. It is more affordable than having to buy real flagstone and installing it piece by piece.
Step by Step Installation Process of Stamped Concrete Overlay
Installing the overlay is quite simple but results are highly efficient and durable. Here is a short glimpse into the installation process of a professional concrete contractor in Houston Texas:
- The existing slab undergoes surface preparation, including repairs if needed.
- The coating is mixed and then evenly applied on the surface with a trowel.
- After it has been applied, stamp mats with a specific pattern chosen by the customer are placed on top of it and then tapped just strong enough to make an imprint.
- If the pattern chosen is a custom stone pattern, the installer adds custom scorelines to make it look more realistic.
- The mat is removed and the overlay is left to cure and dry.
- If the project calls for color, stains can either be sprayed or applied manually.
- A sealer is applied ideally to lock the design and colors while providing a protective layer to the surface.
Looking for a quality stamped concrete project in Houston Texas? Upgrade your existing concrete into polished and new ones! Work with Expert Concrete Contractors! Call us at (713) 999-6461 and receive a free, no-obligation quote from us!
Who says you have to spend a fortune to acquire the satisfaction that a luxurious floor surface brings? At Decorative Concrete Resurfacing, we work hard to make our customers happy every time. We encourage you to give us a call @ (713) 999-6461 or send us an email so we can supply you with more information regarding stamped concrete overlay Houston and other resurfacing services. We provide excellent services to your concrete pool deck, patio, garage, driveway, acid staining Houston, and more! Need a quote? We’ll give it to you fast and free!